A treatment at The Dispensary will include establishing the underlying root cause of any disharmony that may present physically or emotionally within the body. This is done through traditional methods of discussion, palpation, tongue and pulse diagnosis. Subsequent treatment will depend on the patient’s individual needs but may include a combination of acupuncture, herbal medicine, cupping, moxibustion, tui na (Chinese massage), Chinese medicine food therapy and lifestyle advice. Jodi also offers facial (cosmetic) acupuncture supported by underlying constitutional treatments.
By promoting the flow of qi and blood and stimulating the body’s innate healing mechanisms, our treatments can help with management of:
– Allergies such as hay fever, allergic rhinitis and the common cold
– Anxiety, depression, stress and insomnia
– Headaches and migraines
– Dermatological conditions
– Digestive health
– Women’s health and gynaecology
– Pain management for acute and chronic pain
– Musculoskeletal pain and injuries
– Wellness and optimal health maintenance.